Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Games People Play

Last night I went to Little Bar for some trivia. After that we carpooled over to Alex's apartment to play games. First there was some Taboo. After that we played this game called "In Your Face." It was this hand held timing device that would release a squirt of water on your face when you lost the round. It was decided that the game would be better if there was a little digital camera in the squirting device that would take a photo when the person was getting squirted and the game would be renamed "Money Shot." After we were all gamed out Amanda drove me back to my car. I got out at the stop light about a half a block from my car for convenience. Walking in front of me were these three dudes about my age that were obviously a little full of drink and high sprits. The kept glancing back at me. Finally the shorter one in the beanie hat comes up to me, they were very cheerful and not intimating, and says "Your a girl. Tells us what girls want in a guy when they go to the bar? How should we play it? They want cool and aloof right?" I smile and wonder what kind of answer they were looking for from a blonde in heels and a nice coat but then say "Well, a girl can smell desperation from a mile away. It is a pungent odor that tends to repel the female of the species." They start laughing their asses off, I thought they were going to pee themselves. I continued "A girl wants to feel special, like you chose her out of all the other girls in the room because you saw something special in her. Don't treat it like you are just shooting fish in a barrel and you picked her because she was there but any other fish would work just as well." They high fived me (seriously) and told me I was awesome. I'm not sure I'm really one to be giving out advise but it was funny none the less. I wish them gents good luck.

No comments: