Thursday, January 24, 2008

Black is the New Blue

Yesterday morning I was groggy when got into the shower and jammed my knee really hard into the bathtub faucet. Oh it hurt like hell. I bruise super easy and I knew that it wasn't going to be pretty. I wasn't prepared for the bright red swelling and pain. It doesn't really hurt anymore today but the red has turned into a very deep dark purple with a red center. I was looking forward to wearing little dresses to my birthday celebrations this weekend and now I look like a victim of a horrible accident. So I can choose between tights, pants, bellow the knee skirts or dresses, or owning up to my discolored body and rock the bruise for all to see. I think I will just wear it with pride like a designer handbag. Though I don't know how much pride I can have for not being able to take a shower without hurting myself.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Tiger Balm and massage it! I too bruise like nothing else...I am on the verge of hemophilia.

Xine said...

I had to look up what Tiger Balm was and Wikipedia told me it was heat rub, which I then clicked on and it goes on to talk about IcyHot. Is it like IcyHot? I don't know if I can handle anymore of that stuff :)

Lisa said...

no it's way better and herbal but I've never tried icy hot personally