Thursday, June 28, 2007

Half Baked

I was coming back from a dinner party at Amanda's tonight and stopped at Vons. I want to do some baking and I needed to pick up a few things. Normally I always go to Trader Joes but when I need baking supplies I go to a bigger store. Okay this is the third time in a row that the casher looks at me, looks at baking supplies, laughs, and condescendingly calls me Betty Crocker. I mean what the fuck!?!? Why is it so funny that I like to bake, I really don't get it. I've always baked sense I was little; pies, cakes, pastries, cookies what-have-you. For some reason people think this is hilarious. Tonight takes the cake though, so to speak. Tonight this middle age black woman looks at what I'm buying, laughs, states the obviously that I will in fact be baking something, and THEN she says "Haha, you're a little Betty Cracker..wait or is Crocker? HA! I can't believe I said that, that's so funny." Holy crap, I just got called Betty Cracker, WOW.

No comments: