Monday, October 1, 2007

Nothings Going to Change My World

I saw Across the Universe yesterday afternoon. I would never have gone to see this movie if it was directed by anyone else. I adore Julie Taymor though and knew that it would be pretty to watch. There were so many good visuals and it was so well thought out visually and with the way they used the songs. The plot was just okay, nothing remarkable. My only real complaint was Evan Rachel Woods whom I find somewhat annoying and flat. I really think the movie would have been a lot better with someone else in that role. Totally stealing the show was Eddie Izzard! I really enjoyed this movie and am glad I saw it on the big screen.

During the previews it was a string of different cop movies. I was thinking how much I didn't like cop movies. I just don't like them. Why are people so interested in cops? I don't get it. Maybe this is a product of having a cop for a dad and always being around them.

No comments: