Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'm Pretty Random Here

I discovered the worlds greatest store for girly girly things. In the Beverly Center Forever 21 has an accessories only store call For Love 21. OH MY GOD it is magical! Ladies you need to check it out, for serous. Do not doubt me it is fucking fab.

Okay, now completely turning the tables on this post. I've been reading "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami. I read this bit today and I wanted to share it. I know it is a bit cheesy to write lyrics or quotes down but it is my blog and I will do as I want.

"You know what I think?" she says. "That people's memories are maybe the fuel they burn to stay alive. Whether those memories have any actual importance or not, it doesn't matter as far as the maintenance of life is concerned. They're all just fuel. Advertising fillers in the newspaper, philosophy books, dirty pictures in a magazine, a bundle of ten-thousand-yen bills:when you feed'em to the fire, they're all just paper. The fire isn't thinking, 'Oh, this is Kant,' or 'Oh, this is the Yomiuri evening edition,' or 'Nice tits,' while it burns. To the fire, they're nothing but scraps of paper. It's the exact same thing. Important memories, not-so-important memories, totally useless memories: there's no distinction- they're all just fuel. You know, I think if I didn't have that fuel, if I didn't have those memory drawers inside me, I wouldn've snapped a long time ago. I would've curled up in a ditch somewhere and died. It's because I can pull the memories out of the drawers when I have to- the important ones and the useless ones- that I can go on living this nightmare of a life. I might think I can't take it anymore, that I can't go on anymore, but one way or another I get past that."

No comments: