Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fun & Games

Well I took my new camera to Alex's birthday party last night. Maybe I just have to get use to using a different camera. I have to play with the settings. I wasn't terribly pleased with the outcome of the photos. However the party was really fun. I started out with a bit of Wii playing. I've never played the Wii before, I'm not sure I really loved it all that much I guess I just like traditional controllers better. Next we played 80's Trivial Pursuit. When it came out I thought that I'd be a lot better at it then I was. Turns out I mostly only knew the music and the movie categories. Then we played my super special game! I made my own game. I retrieved an elastic waist black mini skirt from my work dump box of samples which I sewed on strips of black Velcro on the back then embroidered a bulls-eye to the butt. I found these little flower crochet pieces and put the other side of the velcro on the back of them. We then played Pin the Tail on Alex. I was very happy that Alex was a good sport about it (he even made donkey sounds) and everyone participated. I was worried that I'd bring it out and no one would play it. I deem it a success. After that game we sang Happy Birthday with cookie cake. I have never had cookie cake before. It was a giant cookie! Yum yum yum! After cake and present opening we played Taboo. I liked Taboo and I seemed to be not horrible at it. Then it was back to Wii for the rest of the night. It was a delightful time and a really good idea for a birthday party. You can look at more photos here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/framented_light/sets/72157602214100707/

No comments: