Monday, September 10, 2007

Somewhere Over the Top

So I was planning on doing a more detailed post on the wonders of the weekend but I don't feel too inspired. Instead I would rather write about stupid little details!
So the Jon Brion show was one of the most amazing displays of talent I have ever seen. I would in fact throw the word genius around if I was going to do a better job of talking about it. The only one unfortunate thing about the show was the lady sitting in the table behind us. This lady was probably approaching 40 with long dyed blonde hair with a middle school music teacher vibe. She 'WOOTED' and 'YIPPED' in the start, middle, and end of every song like she was at a stadium concert for Journey. Largo is a tiny little room that seats about 50 people. Every time Jon would sing a cute lyric she would laugh as loud and forced as if it was the funniest thing she had ever heard. The worst was when Fiona Apple came on and she started singing along with her in a loud enough voice as so everyone could hear (I did shoot her a few dirty ass looks for that). I'm sure she thought she was just the biggest fan showing the most support but she was distracting and plain disrespectful to the artist and the audiences. She didn't let up the whole time either. She was there with a fairly attractive German guy. At first I was wondering how he could even stand her. The show had no set list and took requested songs from the shouts of the audience. For the most part everyone there had really good requests. This German dude in his thick German accent would shout between every song "Play Somewhere Over the Rainbow!" It was kind of funny though. But THEN it got weird. In the middle of Fiona Apple's first song I felt a gentle blow on the back of my neck. I told myself I must have imagined it or it was an accident because seating was so close. Then again a little later the same thing happened a few more times. This Somewhere Over the Rainbow loving German was trying to seductively blow on the back of my neck! What the fuck!?!? I didn't want to say anything because Christ! Fiona Apple was 4 feet from me and just being amazing. I just scooted an inch or two forward and I think he got the hint. Weirdos!
Oktoberfest was such a dorky fun time. Grown men were skipping around in Peter Pan hats, women were trying to seductively chicken dance. My favorite part was every time a guy would swear or say something a little off color he they would apologized to me because I was a lady. I was terrified to open my mouth because of all the horribly vulgar things that usually come out of it. Haha, I like being treated like a lady for at least one night :)

No comments: