Thursday, December 13, 2007

wailing

I went over to Lindsey's last night and she is letting me barrow "No one belongs here more than you" by Miranda July which I've been wanting to read for awhile now. I started reading it tonight and it is so good. I can completely relate to her and I know that she is a little crazy but in a conscious type of way, that's probably why I find it so relatable. Here is a little piece of it that I really liked where she is looking at a photo of a whale;

"I looked in its tiny wise eye and wondered where that eye was now. Was it alive and swimming, or had it died long ago, or was it dying now, right this second? When a whale dies, it falls down through the ocean slowly, over the course of a day. All the other fish see if fall, like a giant statue, like a building, but slowly, slowly. I focused my attention on the eye; I tried to reach down inside of it, towards the real whale, the dying whale, and I whispered, It's not your fault."

No comments: