Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mushy


I told someone in my office that I can always tell if I am getting sick if my uvula is mushy. Which of course they just gave me a questing look. I said that when I touch the little punching bag like thing in the back of my throat with my tongue when I healthy it is soft but firm. When I am starting to feel a tiny bit ill and it is more then just being tired that is making me sick then it is extremely soft and kind of mushy. I asked them if they did the same thing. They said they couldn't reach that far back in their throat with their tongue. I was surprised, I thought everyone could. I can reach the tip of my tongue past the uvula and a little inside my throat. I guess I just always assumed everyone could. I will have to make a larger survey of people I know and see if they can reach their uvula. Some day my ability to lick the tip of my nose and inside my own throat will prove useful. I just have to wait it out.

2 comments:

Matey. said...

1 for "Cannot touch tongue to uvula".

Xine said...

hmm, perhaps I am a mutant or maybe I just have a mutated tongue.