Saturday, December 22, 2007

Tony Duquette

I have to say that my boss always gives me great gifts. He always gives me art or fashion books that are exactly my taste. I wish I had this talent to know what everyone wanted. First off when he came back from his trip to Rio earlier this month he didn't bring me back anything and I was bummed. The two other times that he has been there he brought me back a funky piece of jewelry. Then under our work Christmas tree I saw that all the other ladies in the office had little Tiffany's bags they all got different little silver pendants. But then I got my book and I was so excited. It is this thick fully colored expensive book about Tony Duquette. He is this really eccentric guy that has done set design and interiors. He makes these beautiful but insane bird cages and chandeliers out of relatively cheap materials. It's as if an outsider artist had a hard on for luxury goods. The book is so inspirational and I just want to build crazy things. What a perfect gift, the gift of inspiration is the best thing anyone could ever give me.










No comments: