Saturday, September 27, 2008

Papa Smirk

There wasn't that much new information from last night's presidential debates. However, I feel like I took something very important out of it. I was watching the debates at the gym and reading the closed captioning because I didn't have sound. Because there wasn't any voices to pay attention to I really noticed both candidates movements more. John McCain smirked though the whole debate and it drove me crazy. I realize that I too have a tendency to smirk. I'm pretty sure this goes back to my punk days where it was not cool to smile and if something amused you then you smirked. Around the same time I was getting some major dental work done and had a tooth removed and a chain and braces in my mouth so I never smiled with my mouth open. I noticed that I still don't smile with my mouth open in photos and I smirk all the time. I now fully see how annoying smirking is because all I wanted to do last night was slap that smirk off McCain's face. So I am really going to make an effort to cut back on the smirking. That probably wasn't what I should have gotten from the debates but it is still an important lesson, or maybe not. haha

No comments: