Sunday, September 7, 2008

2 More Weeks!

I can not wait for the new Jenny Lewis CD Acid Tongue to come out in 2 more weeks! I've just heard the title track and thought I'd share it. Or if you are like me and don't have sound on your work computer here are some lyrics. 2 more weeks!



I went to a cobbler
To fix a hole in my shoe
He took one look at my face
And said, "I can fix that hole in you"
I beg your pardon
I'm not looking for a cure
Seen enough of my friends
In the depths of the godsick blues
You know I am a liar
You know I am a liar
Nobody helps a liar
Because I've been down to Dixie
And dropped acid on my tongue
Tripped upon the land
Until enough was enough
I was a little bit lighter
And adventure on my sleeve
I was a little drunk
And looking for company
So I found myself a sweetheart
With the softest of hands
We were unlucky in love
But I'd do it all again
We build ourselves a fire
We build ourselves a fire
But you know I am a liar
You know I am a liar
And you don't know what I've done
By the rolling river is
Exactly where I was
There was no simple cure
For unlucky in love
To be lonely is a habit
Like smoking or taking drugs
And I've quit them both
But man, was it rough
Now I am tired
It just made me tired
Let's build ourselves a fire

1 comment:

Hollywood said...

Oh, most excellent. I really have to explore more of her music since I absolutely adore what I've found so far.

Suggestions?