Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mood Music

Wow, I must had some intense dreams after the concert last night because I woke up with two fresh bruises, one on each hip bone. Um...how in the hell did I get matching bruises on both sides? I don't know really. Despite the fact that I carry all my weight on my hip area my hip bones stick out and are easy to bruise, so I guess I could have gotten them a number of ways.

Okay, on to last nights concert. I got to the bowl and sat in my seat. There was nobody on my bench yet but there was a dude sitting in front of me. A few minutes go by and a woman comes and sits one seat away from him. They don't say anything to each other so I assume that they don't know each other. After a little bit of time I see he says something to her and she looks straight ahead and ignores him. Then he goes to touch her leg and she mumbles something and turns away. He backs off. A few more minutes go by and he goes to put his arm around her and she starts to cry. I am trying to look away but the seats are so close to each other I am practically on top of them. After awhile Lindsey and David show up and I try and not notice this couple that are apparently in a fight about something. At dusk the show starts and Cat Power is first on stage. I am so in love with Cat Power and am so happy that I finally got to see her. Our seats were really good too. She is so beautiful and has the most amazing voice. I'm only sad that her set was so short and she didn't play any of my favorite songs. During Cat Power the couple's friends come and sit between them. Everything seems fine until in the middle of the set the guy gets up and turns to the woman and yells something to her about how it was stupid for him to go pick up some suitcase and drop it off then have to come back to the show. I wasn't sure what he was saying I just heard him repeat "Who is the selfish one?" in a loud angry voice. I was annoyed because I was trying to listen to the music. After Cat Power played the couple sat together again directly in front of me and start drink hard alcohol straight from the bottle. Spiritualized comes on and they are great. Everyone is in white including their two back up singers. As the set goes on the couple gets closer and closer and then they are making out right in front of me. In order for me to see the stage I have to try and look past their gross face sucking and biting. The music was so good and I was trying my best to not let it bother me so I hold up my wine glass directly in front of me so it just blocks out the part of my vision that these gross assholes are taking up. After Spiritualized plays Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds goes on stage and they are incredible. After about the first song the awful people in front of me say something to the effect of "You won't think a band that plays with Spiritualized would be so bad" and they leave! I couldn't have been much happier, fate truly smiled on me. Nick Cave did so many of my favorite songs. I was worried because I haven't listened to much of his newer music and wasn't that into his last record or two.
I find Nick Cave to be one of the sexist men alive. I thought sense he was older now I wouldn't really feel that way anymore. He also has a big thick moustache which on anyone else I would not be okay with. Hot damn does he still have it going on. I can not for the life of me explain what it is that I find so intensely hot about him, it is just something that is. In fact I think if someone said to that I could chose one "celebrity/artist" to be with I would choose him. I don't expect anyone else to be on board with this but it is just how I feel. Okay, now that I grossed everyone out I will just leave this post with, if you ever get a chance to go to a Nick Cave concert it is well worth it. I hope to again see him live.

No comments: