Monday, September 22, 2008

Bye-Bye Summer 2008

Weekends go by so fast. Saturday afternoon my brother came by and we spent some time in La Luz de Jesus gallery and book store. I could spend so much time in the place, they have the most fun things in there. In the evening we went to the last cemetery screening of the season and saw the movie 'Alien.' Lawrence and Doug met us there. I had never seen 'Alien' before and very much enjoyed it. On Sunday I met up outside the Hollywood Bowl picnic area with Amanda, Michael, Rick, Neil, and Rick's family. It was a nice way to spend the last day of summer. The first band was Nortec Collective which was a fun little mix of Latin sounds. Second was Lila Downs who was by far my favorite performer of the night. She was a super hot latina singer with an incredible range. I recognized one of her songs from the movie Fridia. The third act was Michael Franti and Spearhead which was very enjoyable. Finally the last act was Ozomatli. I actually didn't know anything about them but I had a very enjoyable time listening to them. It is not the type of music I would ever go out and buy but they put on a good show. The last song they played they had a bunch of crazy dressed stilt walkers on stage, a break dancer, and a whole squad of teenage cheerleaders. I hadn't gotten a chance to hang out with Amanda in a while and it was very nice to be able to spend our Sunday at the Bowl.

Today is the first day of Autumn. Summer 2008 is at an end. Maybe I should do a re-cap for another post. I'm not sure what to make of this summer. I feel like I failed a little this summer, like I could have done a better job at it. Frankly I'm at a place at the end of summer that I don't really know where I stand with a lot of people in my life. I didn't feel that way at the start of summer. I'm not really sure what happened and how much of it is in my head. Perhaps only autumn will tell. So here's looking at you Autumn 2008! My wish for you is to bring peace and clarity and tons of pumpkin flavored fun into my life.

No comments: