Sunday, September 14, 2008

Me Too

When I was very wee, before I my memory kicked in, my first nickname given to me by my family was the "me too" girl. Apparently I said this all the time. If someone was going anywhere or getting anything I wanted to be included. Apparently this was my big fixation in life. Thus I was referred to as the "me too" girl. I'm not entirely sure if this was found to be endearing or annoying to those around me. I'm sort of guessing it was the later of the two. I think it is so strange that despite how much we grow and change over the years that when it comes down to it we are still the same people that we have always been. My current self is completely unrecognizable to that of my wee bitty self. I have different opinions, different taste, and a life of experience. However I still feel like the "me too" girl. I still want to be included in everything and try everything. Part of me is discouraged by this. Not being able to change who you are when you know that some things really could use some changing is very frustrating. But then the other part of me likes this. I like that there are just things that will carry you through all your life that define you. I like that we can change so much but still keep the basic pieces of ourselves. I would hate to wake-up one day and find myself a complete stranger from the person I've always been.

AND, talking about nicknames, the only nickname I've ever liked is when my dad use to call me pumpkin growing up. I was just in Starbucks and guess what is back on the menu? PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES!!! I could drink that stuff by the pitcher. YUMMY YUM YUM!

No comments: