Friday, February 12, 2010

A Heart So Bent it Can't Break

What a day yesterday was. I woke to the news that Alexander McQueen committed suicide. It felt like being punched in the gut. I adore him as a designer and he has been my favorite designer sense I bought my first Vogue at 14 and they featured the work of a new very young designer, McQueen. I don't really know that much about him as a person but he inspired me to go into my chosen profession and has always delighted and amazed me with his work. It is so sad and I hope that he has found the peace that he couldn't find while alive.

Then at the end of the evening was a long very emotional talk and opening myself up to hearing things I didn't want to hear. I didn't get to bed till very late and got little sleep.

It is a new day and I plan to go forward with the life in the most fulfilling and enjoyable way that I can but I have to admit I am emotionally and physically exhausted and feel like my heart is awfully heavy.

1 comment:

Lindsalon said...

I plan to lay in the sun my backyard tomorrow, you are welcome to join if you need to peace out :) feel better!