Monday, February 1, 2010

Carry a Big Stick

I don't have a terribly loud voice, nor is it really soft either. I am not a timid talker but I am also not aggressive. One of my pet peeves that not only annoys me but I find incredibly hurtful are people that insist on talking over me. These are usually the type of people that over dominate a conversation to the point that it is just a monologue. Oh how it infuriates me! It happened to me today again. I was trying to join into the conversation but the person wouldn't let me talk at all. I would get two or three words out and then the other person would talk louder and over my words as they were coming out of my mouth. It is so disrespectful and makes you feel like you don't even matter. I haven't figured out what the solution to this is yet. It seems like a strange double dutch jumping in and out balance that I don't like playing.

No comments: