Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Together

I've been reading this book called "Half Life" before I go to bed each night. The story is about conjoined twins Nora and Blanche. Blanche has been asleep for 15 years and Blanche's subconscious is starting to seep into Nora's conscience. I have been having the strangest dreams at night from reading this. It is also oddly the second book in a row that I have read that talks about the effects of nuclear bomb tests in the Nevada desert and the effects of the test on the people that lived near by. Strangely both books tell the story of the military dressing pigs up in army uniforms and testing the effects on the pigs. After 800 pages of the book Underworld I thought a book about conjoined twins would be a far change of subject matter. I was wrong.



1 comment:

Amanda said...

Half Life was a totally odd wonderful book to read. I loved it. It's one of those that I'll have to go back to and re-read to make sure I caught everything.