Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Mind & Body

So this is day 3 of my new birth control pill. So far so good! I've noticed no changes physically or mentally yet. I will be thrilled if I finally found the right pill for me.

I went to the gym last night. I am terribly out of shape. It is embarrassing. I broke a sweat really fast and I had that burning in my lungs I get when I am out of shape. I really really need to get back in track with my workouts. It is just so easy to make excuses and so hard to push myself sometimes.

I saw this beautiful Indian movie called "Water" After losing her husband to illness, 8-year-old Chuyia is forced to live out the rest of her days in a temple for Hindu widows, communing with 14 other women and a cruel headmistress who agrees to take her in. I recommend this one, very pretty and sad. Also saw Jonestown a documentary about The Peoples Temple and their 900 people mass suicide. Also saw Volver. All of these I recommend. I've had pretty good Netflix luck lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should read the book "water" it's really good as well. I have it if you want to borrow it.

Xine said...

Ooo, yes, I should like to read that.