Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thank You?

I have an etiquette question. I only really clothes shop in three places; thrift stores, the flea market, and Forever 21. This week I've been in both F21 and the thrift store and both times I've been carrying something around the store that I intended to purchase while looking at other things and a fellow customer will come up to me and complement the item I am holding. I feel silly saying thank you because the item is not mine yet and I'm not wearing it. Are you suppose to say thank you? I've just end up saying "Thanks, I thought so too." I should start paying attention to what other people are carrying around and complement their items and see what their response is. Is there proper etiquette for this?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

i kind of think that's a bit odd...I would be like "GET AWAY FROM ME, DON'T BITE!" but maybe I'm just weird....

Xine said...

See, I have never told anyone I liked whatever they were carrying around a store before and people say it to me all the time. I was starting to wonder if this is something people do to be nice to one another and I just am not nice because I don't.

Amanda said...

I think you are just normal.