Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dream On

My sewing machine has been broken now for about a half year. I have all these projects and simple clothing repairs that have piled up. The thing is that I've had that machine for 10 years now and it isn't a very nice one. I hate to spend money on it. I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying a better one. Not that I really have extra money to throw around. However between the money I got for my birthday and my upcoming tax return it could really help pay for one. Once I start thinking about that I start daydreaming about the other stuff I would like. Oh lets just dream for a minute.

I would love to have a open spaced loft with big walls and wooden floors for a work space, or at least another room in my apartment would do just fine. I want a big drafting table to lay out patterns and make patterns on. I would love to keep a fabric library so whenever I was out at say a flea market or an old fabric store and saw something cool I could just get it. I'd love an industrial iron with some real steam to it and an industrial sewing machine. I'd like a beautiful new dress form. Most of all I'd LOVE an industrial overlock machine. *sigh*

No comments: