Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trader Joe's: Judgement Day

I rarely ever use the ten items or less lane at the grocery store even though a lot of times I have 10 items or less. I find that those lines are longer and the transfer of money at the end is what takes the most time, not the amount of items one actually has. Today I went into Trader Joes and picked-up a bottle of Vodka so I would have something to put in my flask tonight. I also picked up a bag of tortilla chips and a 5 layer dip to bring to a picnic later in the weekend. I choose a line with one person in it, well I guess it wasn't really a line until I was in it. The lady in front of me had a ton of stuff all very healthy with lots of ingredients to prepare meals. While her stuff was being bagged the cashier rang me up. He looked at my silly three items and smiled and said "You're in, your out, you know exactly what you want, I like that." I sort of smile and say "Yes, all very healthy stuff." The lady looks over at my three items and says "If I could eat like that and look like you I would too." I say "Well, it isn't all for me and I'm not going to polish this off in one sitting." The cashier holds up my bottle of Kettle One and says "Wow, and you don't even need a chaser, you're just going to drink it straight." At this point the bag boy, other shopper lady, cashier, and myself are all staring at my chips, dip, and vodka. I put the items in my tote bag and leave. I guess that is the one good thing about the 10 items or less lane, you don't really get judged for your weird last minute food purchases.

No comments: