Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mary Xine and a Happy New Year

I can't think of too many fictional character named Christine. I just saw "Changeling" and Angelina Jolie's character's name is Christine Collins which they repeat constantly and very dramatically. Also my main complaint with the Phantom of the Opera is having to hear my name sung overly dramatic and yelled and cried and whispered every other minute. The only other charter that I can remember with my name is the demonic Stephen King car. In my own life my name is rarely used with any flair of dramatics or yelled or cried or whispered. In movies it is a far more compelling name. I suppose it is a fine name. I've never loved or hated it. I think it suits me. Some people don't fit their name. My parents first choice was to call me Mary. I think I would have had a harder time fitting with the name Mary.

1 comment:

Xine said...

hmmm I can't think of any movies where someone is named Mohan. It would be a good name to yell, cry, or whisper.