Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Written Word

Okay, what did I take from this last debate that has little to do with the intent of the debate? This seems to be my new theme. I was glad that McCain cut back on his smirking as was my problem with the first debate, and this one had 100% less Palin which was my problem with the second debate. As a result of that I felt a 100% less stabby. Well, the first half of the debate I heard on the radio and the second half I read at the gym. I have found that reading the words and seeing the candidates really helps me focus on what is said better. I find that just listening doesn't help me focus and I get distracted by performance and verbal theatrics. Having the words in front of me makes what is actually being said much more clear to me. I do wonder what it is like to not know who you are voting for at this point. I voted for Obama in the primaries and not for a second felt that I would want to vote for anyone else. So to be an undecided at this point is such a strange idea to me. I just wish the election was tomorrow. I hate this point at the end where things can get nasty. With all this and the economy I just feel so depressed about the state of everything. There is no focus on the good of the world right now and everything is so negative. There is good and I need to remember that.

No comments: