Monday, October 6, 2008

In the Garden of Good and Evil

Sundays have started to be my odd day of the week. I think it is just that I spend most my Sundays by myself and I go a little crazy in my head. I went to the book store to pick up some new reading. I picked up Don DeLillo's "Underworld" which is massive and sense I am a slow reader I will be reading for awhile. On my walk home this crazy man starts waving this lighter in front of me. I am blanking on what those are called, you know the long lighters that are used for camping or starting a BBQ. Anyways, he starts mumbling how I should go fuck myself with it. Oh delightful sir, just delightful. Oh and talking about delightful gentleman. The night before this I was at the gas station when the man at the car next to mine is singing at the top of his lungs "I hate niggers, I hate niggers....but I love fucking niggras." Then he sees me and tells me I look like Cinderella (I guess because I had a blue dress on) and asks for my phone number. In retrospect I should have told him that I as well only fuck niggras, but instead I just ignored him and got in my car.

Back to my weird Sunday night. I was doing some much needed laundry and was going to get the last load from the dryer at around 10:30. I was just wearing the tiniest jersey dress because that is what I usually wear when I am home. No one was out so I didn't think much of going to get my laundry that way. As I was walking to the dryer I jumped a little when I saw this shadowy type figure smoking on the balcony watching me. I walked past and started unloading my laundry into my basket. I thought to myself 'I really should have locked my front door'. I walk by the balcony on my way back and the figure isn't there anymore. I worry about my door being unlocked. As I go to open my front door there is this loud BOOM from outside, fallowed by flickering lights and more BOOMs. Then all the lights in the neighborhood go out. This makes me even more paranoid to go inside but I do. I go into my bathroom and light some candles and realize there is no one but me in my apartment and my heart slows down a bit. Then I hear a helicopter and police outside. I'm not sure what happened, some sort of giant explosion. OH, I forgot to mention that right before I went to get the laundry I took a sleep aid pill because I could tell that I was going to have trouble falling asleep that night. I regretted taking it after all this happened because I knew it would knock me out and what if there was a fire or some sort of toxic gasses from the explosion. I tried to stay awake and felt groggy and scared with all that was happening. Next thing I know all the lights come on in a flash and it is 5 in the morning. So, interesting evening.

My Saturday was lovely though. I went to the Beverly Center in the morning. I got a present for Erin at H&M and a dress for myself at Forever 21. Then I headed to the Huntington Gardens which were incredible. It is my new favorite place. I could spend a whole day in the cactus garden. I loved that it was wet and raining too, it made everything so fresh. After the gardens we all had dinner at El Cholo, YUMMY! I got home from dinner pretty early with a totally free Saturday night. So I decided to go to Krysta and Kenneth's for Susan's birthday dance party. Unfortunately not enough people showed up so we headed out to Akbar for some gay dancing times.

photos of the garden here http://www.flickr.com/photos/framented_light/sets/72157607741780834/