Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Maybe it is Best Some People Don't Vote

So I went to the doctor today to get my check-up and I always like for them to test me for everything so while I was giving lots of blood I had this conversation with the nurse.

Nurse: (looking at my I voted sticker) So who did you vote for?
Me: Well, I voted mostly yes on the propositions and I voted for Obama.
N: Who's that?
M: He is one of the Democratic nominees.
N: Oh, is that for like the president?
M: Well, it is a Primary election.
N: Oh is that like government and Schwarzenegger?
I go on to tell her about how voting and primaries work and the separate branches of the government.

N: Oh, well I don't vote. I just get mad at taxes and stuff.
M: okay
N: Do you get a fine or something if you don't vote?
M: I...um...no (I can't believe this woman has a needle in my arm).

No comments: