Monday, June 1, 2009

Armed and Hammered

My arms are hurting me today. You may ask why. Well let me tell you. Yesterday I participated in an all female arm wrestling tournament. This was a gutsy move from someone who has not lifted one weight in the year 2009. I was prepared to go once and fail and then enjoy the show. Well, it was set up that each match was a best 2 out of 3 and you had to lose 2 matches in order for you to be out of the competition. My first match was against the biggest girl there who ended up winning the tournament. I went down like a falling leaf. She crushed me. My second round was against Stacey. I ended up DQing the first go at it and because I was pissed off at the judge and didn't think I earned that DQ my anger lead me to victory. In the third round I had a pretty tough match against a girl. She won the first go at it then wanted to switch to the left hand. We did and I beat her so fast. Who knew I had secret left arm strength. Then it came down to who would get the best 2 out of three. She ended up winning but I think I put up a fair fight. I'm very glad I went out because my arm was hurting and it still hurts today. I was not built for toughness. Everyone I've told this story to at work thinks I'm crazy and has no idea why I would want to take part in such an event. But I mean why wouldn't I want to?!?!

No comments: