Thursday, June 18, 2009

Living Spaces

So I got on this weird kick of looking for a new apartment yesterday. I'm not in any hurry but I want to keep an eye out. I would like to move out of my studio into a 1 bedroom. Right now it seems like everything has a for rent sign and it is a good time to look. The only thing is that if I move into a 1 bedroom in is going to cost more and to keep costs down I would have to move into a neighborhood I might not like as much and I really like my current neighborhood. Most important though I started designing the apartment I want in my head. I've decided that if I get a new one I want to paint the walls before I move in. I would like a turquoise living room with gold accents. I want a pink bathroom with vintage avocado color accents, and I want a plum and eggplant colored bedroom. This probably sounds horrible to everyone else which is why I could only get away with this if I lived alone. Then I started envisioning having little cocktail parties. I miss being able to have parties. All something to think about but I don't want to jump into anything I can't afford.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh yes - few things are more exciting than decorating a new apartment!! I totally geek out and put everything (furniture, walls) to scale in Illustrator for planning purposes. It is so wonderful. That, and bargain shopping to actually realize what I've got pictured in my head. :)