Monday, June 22, 2009

The Sad Potato

Oh I am but a tired sleep monster. What an odd weekend, well at least the last few hours of it. On Saturday I went to The Grove. You know what? I actually really dislike The Grove. I went to Anthro to check out a dress I saw in the catalog, they didn't have it. I went across the way to the Forever 21 and tried on a few things that were fit so badly mixed with horrible lighting. So silly but I left there on the verge of tears. I do not care for that dressing room one bit they are a soul crushing vortex. In the evening I went to see Frank's play "Lost Moon Radio." It was so funny an entertaining. They will have more installments of it and I highly recommend it. I looked up and saw this girl come in and said out loud "I know her. Where do I know her from?" I thought I have worked with her and she sold prints. Doug turns to me and says "That's Mel from Flight of the Conchords." Duh, I'm terrible about recognizing people, I always think I have met them at a party or at work. On Sunday I drove down to San Diego to see my brother's new house he is renting. It a wonderful 2 bedroom that he is getting for a steal. I am majorly jealous. I drove back to LA and prepared this wonderful baked potato that I oiled and seasoned. I put it in the oven and read and waited 2 hours for it to cook. I was so hungry. I went to take it out of the oven and realized I forgot to turn the oven on. Oh so sad! I decided that I was exhausted and I was just going to go to bed hungry. I get into bed and was texting Doug and found out that he was in the ER by himself. I got out of bed and went there to make sure that he had a ride if he needed one and to see if everything was okay. Stayed there till 3AM then they decided to keep him overnight. His leg is infected and they are operating on it again today. Now I am at work and am a walking zombie.

No comments: