Tuesday, May 26, 2009

End of Week







Oh hey, I never ended up doing a weekend update post. I'm still in a food and drink coma. On Friday night I went to the Sunset 5 with Lindsey to watch the Valentino: The Last Emperor. The fashions were so lovely. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't really get a sense of who Valentino the man actually is. They never talk about where he comes from or his early life or any sort of stories that are at all personal. Oh but the fashions were lovely! On Saturday I finished my book Victor Pelevin's "The Sacred Book of the Werewolf" which was excellent and I was sad when it was over because I wanted more. I also did some sewing and drawing. Sunday evening I went to my first cemetery screening of the season and saw "Dazed and Confused." I have not seen that film sense high school and I had forgotten how funny it is. It is so different watching it now. Last time I saw it just about everyone in the movie was older then me and now I see it and they are all such small baby children. On Monday I made a lemon meringue pie, a key lime pie, and a strawberry rhubarb pie for the annual BBQ at the Hollywood House. It was fun times but I ate way too much. Then it was back to work today. I only get about 5 holiday days off work a year and they are always so enjoyable. I work with China a lot now and they have a holiday every month, probably about 20 holiday days off in a year. This week is the Dragon Boat Festival. I'm not even entirely sure what that is but I think we should start getting that day off as well.

No comments: