Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bottled Glory

Last night I went to the nicer Ralph's of La Brea to get some key limes to make pie with. Though I forgot to buy the cream thus wasn't able to make it last night. Let me tell you why I forgot it. I was in the cream section and I got distracted by a spray bottle of instant pancake batter. It was in the same type of bottle that the whipped cream comes in. You don't add anything, you just spray it in the pan or waffle maker. I was standing there arguing with myself on if I should buy it or not. Pro: it would be awesome to spray a pancake into a pan. Con: doesn't pancake batter need fresh eggs and wouldn't it taste better making it fresh? Also it cost more. So I reluctantly chose not to buy it. But it wiped my mind clean of why I was in that section of the grocery store. I am too use to Trader Joes where I don't get distracted by gimmicky items. Also, I still sort of want the pancake spray.

1 comment:

Lindsalon said...

The spray is good. My parents make waffles out of it and it's GREAT. I can't say for pancakes but for waffles, YES.