Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gifted

This weekend I set out to do some Christmas shopping and sort of failed at it. I went to the Beverly Center Saturday and ended up buying myself hair dye (my hair is looking much better now), eye shadow, and red velvet cake scented lip gloss. It is seriously all I can do to not eat my lips right off my face when I'm wearing that lip gloss. I also bought a purse for design inspiration at work. I however did not buy a single gift. Saturday night I had a plan to go to Ali's party downtown and then head to Cynthia's part that is about a mile and a half from my place. I went to the first party which was themed where everyone builds a little gingerbread structure and makes a village of gingerbread. I made my very modest sized house. I didn't really know anyone at that party and was feeling a bit shy so I decided to head over to the other party where I would know many more people. I ended up getting on the wrong freeway and then getting a little lost, then hitting traffic. By the time I got to the other party there was no parking anywhere. I thought maybe I would park at my place and then walk over but it was just about midnight and it started to sprinkle out. I ended up missing the party and being pretty bummed about it. On Sunday I woke up to the idea that getting out of bed would be impossible. I couldn't bring myself to do anything. I called Lindsey and luckily she saved me from a Sunday waisted in bed. I headed over to her and David's place and we ended up going to the Promenade in Santa Monica and doing a bit of shopping and eating at the crepe place. It was very lovely. I didn't end up buying anything so I was without a single Christmas gift. Tonight I just decided to order gift on-line.

No comments: