Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer Lovin' It

Another great summer weekend came and went. On Friday night I went over to Corinne's for a party. I knew she had a pool so I brought my suit and towel. I was very glad I did because the water and the summer night air was amazingly refreshing. On Saturday I went to the cemetery screening of Sixteen Candles with Amanda, Erin, Erin's roommate, and Dan. Amanda spotted the tall blonde actress from all the Christopher Guest movies in line. On Sunday morning I headed over to the Rose Bowl flea market. I was there from 9 till 1 until it became so hot that I thought I was going to pass out. I bought only two dresses. One dress is green with flower embroidery on the hem (I'm wearing it today and it is on my flickr page if you want to see it) and the other was a little vintage yellow sundress that is a bit too little and I need to let out at the waist a bit. After the Rose Bowl I went to Rudy's to get a trim so my hair would be fresh and healthy for Lindsey's wedding next weekend. The hairdresser cut too much off and I am pretty bummed about it. I wish I hadn't gone at all and then my hair would have been longer for the event. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now so I will just suck it up. Then yesterday evening I stayed in read and watched my Netfliks. It was a delightful and happy weekend.

No comments: