Thursday, August 14, 2008

Etta Last

Holy Hell was Etta James awesome city at the Bowl last night! This was my favorite show of the year. That woman is amazing! She is 70 years old and so damn feisty and sexy. I was not even prepared. I thought she would be all glam and diva but she was funny and a little raunchy and just flat out amazing. I swayed along with the music and giggled at her naughtiness all night long. The first act was Paolo Nutini who was just adorable and talented. The second act was Solomon Burke who was so fat that he was just sat on his red velvet throne the whole time in a sparkly black suit. He had a guy dressed in all white whose only job consisted of wiping the sweat from Solomon's brow. There were a bunch of sexy black women back up singers all in shiny gold mini dresses. Then Etta who did some of her songs and some covers. I need to see if I can download her version of "A Lover is Forever" because it gave me chills, so beautiful. I feel so lucky to have been able to see such a legend.

Etta James at the Bowl

No comments: