Monday, May 17, 2010

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry

I finally got around to getting a haircut on Saturday morning. I went to Rudy's and got this lady whom I've had before. I like her even though she looks kinda mean and says nothing to you when she is cutting your hair. I enjoy a hairdresser that doesn't force me to have awkward conversations and doesn't scold me for the things I do to my hair. I still want to get my hair lightened but maybe another day.

Then in the afternoon I went to Krysta and Kenneth's to celebrate Krysta's graduation with her masters degree. It was such a beautiful warm sunny day out. At around 6:45 I walked over to Amanda's which was conveniently 2 blocks from the bbq I was at for dinner. Amanda and her mom had been cooking up a storm to go with the giant bottle of wine Amanda received a few years back. It was a delightful and charming time. I unfortunately was a big giant dork and spilled gravely all over the table while breaking a glass. Totally lame and embarrassing.

I woke up on Sunday in a total funk and couldn't even get my self emotionally out of bed till the afternoon. I finally rolled out of bed and forced myself to walk to Boarders to use the 40% off coupon I had. I was all set to get some classic literature when I had a change of heart. I'm coming off reading some really depressing stuff so I decided to get some nice and trashy Anne Rice books. I think I just want something to escape into for a bit and I've never read any of her books before. I tried to sit and relax and read it last night but I have some new neighbors that moved in this weekend that were having an outside party with blaring Mexican music. I'm hoping they were just having a housewarming party and this isn't the norm. If it is I think I'm going to have to start looking for a new living situation.





No comments: