Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wild Thing I Think I Love You

On Saturday night Lindsey and I went to see Where the Wild Things Are. I knew it looked really cool and I have been looking forward to seeing it for some time. I wasn't really prepared to be as touched as I was by it. There were parts of the movie I just found so delightful and happy. But what really got me was the way they showed the scary and sad ways one can treat the ones they love the most. It seems like the closer you are with someone the more power they have over you with every little thing they do. Whenever someone is so emotionally deep inside you every action and word counts in ways that are unfair at times and often 1 sided. I loved the honesty of being powerless to really change someone else's emotions and all you can really take from it is the lessons of how you yourself can change for the better. Or at least that's what I got from watching it but I was probably just projecting.

No comments: