Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Sound of Silence

In the last week or two I've had a cricket problem in my apartment. For the life of me I could not figure out where the noise was coming from. It has driving me past the point of sanity. All the time with there noise and you could tell it was coming from somewhere inside the apartment because it was so loud. So today while I was cleaning I finally saw one of them. He hopped up from a place in my kitchen where the tile is coming a bit up by the back door. So I got out a can of Raid I have and I sprayed under that area and sure enough 5 crickets come hopping out and died. Then it was the most beautiful sound I have heard in weeks. It was silence, glorious wonderful silence. I'm sorry little crickets for killing you but you were making me lose my mind and you don't even help pay the rent so you just couldn't stay. I also found a bag of gummy bears while cleaning I forgot I bought. It is a day of winning! Unless you are a cricket or a gummy bear, then it is just a day of death.

No comments: