Sunday, October 4, 2009

Teeth

I feel so burnt out. I have no desire to leave the apartment today. So far I watched "Stealing Beauty" and "Fur". Next up is "Sex and Lucia." These are 3 of my favorite movies that I don't own and got again on Netflix. I just want to stay in and be by myself and watch beautiful movies about women discovering themselves and the world they live in. I am in general a social person but today is some much needed me time. Hmmm, wish I had so food though. Part of not wanting to leave the apartment means postponing my Sunday grocery shopping till tomorrow. After this movie I want to read more from my book I started "You Shall Know Our Velocity". I momentary put it down to read about my camera which I still have a lot more to read about sense I'm only on page 20 of my 300+ book. I mean the point and shoot shots aren't bad that I took but I know that I need to learn more about lighting and manual focus plus the video feature. Back to my new book though, here is a line I love "Why when we see a half-broken mirror do we want it all broken? We see the shards rising from the pane and we long to knock them out, one by one, like teeth."

1 comment:

Amanda said...

yesterday i slept till 10, made coffee and read a book outside till 1:30, went back inside and read more on my couch till 4-ish, then rearranged my living room, then made a fabulous dinner and watched Milk. Never got outside farther than my front porch. Loved it. :)