Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mary Me

For most of my mom's pregnancy it was agreed that they were going to name me Mary after Mary Travers of Peter, Paul, and Mary. Then my dad was reminded that this was his mother's real name. I guess he had forgotten because he hadn't seen her sense he was little and everyone called her Bunny. There was bad blood between them so it was decided that this was not going to be my name. Then it was going to b e Michelle after the Beatles's song which didn't work out either because they had a bird named that and my Grandma was worried people would think I was named after the bird. Anyways Mary Travers died today. I don't really know much about her other then she is the person my parents wanted to name me after. She was pretty though with a lovely folky look.

No comments: