Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall

Oh goodness. Lets see if I can remember some gems from yesterday. I decided to take my first vacation day of the year and treated myself to a fun girly day yesterday. I went to Vidal Sassoon to get my hair cut and dyed. They dyed it first. In-between the dye and the cut I had a lunch break and I sat outside at the 3rd street promenade and read my book. It was just a beautiful day out. I had some leave-in treatment in my hair and it was pulled back. I'm sitting there reading and enjoying life when I hear two guys next to me get off their bikes. They sounded exactly like The Beatles with their accents. I never did end up looking up but this was their conversation. Please note I was sitting on an outside chair and there were two empty chairs right next to me.

Guy 1 "There is no place to sit around here".
Guy2 "Not really."
Guy 1 "She is quite hot (me), I wouldn't mind sitting next to her."
Guy 2 "Yeah."
Guy 1 " She's not really me type though."
guys ride off on bikes.

What the hell was that? Weirdoes

Then I got my cut and I really love it. Everyone at the school gathered around when they were finishing it and took photos and teld me how great it was. Nice, much needed, ego boost. One of the instructors asked me if I would be interested in being a hair model for Vidal Sassoon's top stylist for a hair show in November. They would pay me for it. The only catch is that I would have no say in what the cut would look like and most often they are pretty dramatic and short. She told me to think about it and call her back. So I'm thinking about it. Everyone thinks I should do it and I haven't gone short in awhile. I am just in love with my new haircut right now and the thought of changing it again seems soon, though it wouldn't be until November.

So after that I went into MAC to get some much needed new make-up. I figured if I was going to buy it why not have them show me how to apply it proper and had them just do up my make-up. Man, I was on a pampering kick. The guy did a lovely job but he was a smoker and his hands smelled awful, like stale cigarettes. It was really gross.

So in the evening I went to The Echo Game screening in this cool old theater downtown. The movie turned out great! I spotted myself in it twice YAH! I don't like being Downtown at night all that much I have to say. I was walking back to my car alone in a tiny dress and suddenly where I had parked there were homeless people sleeping all around it. I walk a lot of places by myself and I'm fine but I have to say that is one place I don't care to be alone at night. This guy got up in my face and told me I had a great shape. I tried to get to my car as fast as I could and lock the doors and got the hell out of there. I should just bring extra money to park in lots from now on when I go Downtown, it's worth it.

1 comment:

Lindsalon said...

i like the cut, you should keep it!