Monday, June 23, 2008

Surf & Sand

What a hot hot weekend! I got home on Friday night to an apartment with no electricity. It was out for two hours before I said forget it and left. On Saturday I headed to the 6th annual beach bonfire party. The sand was so hot that I got blisters on my feet walking to the water. The water itself was delightful. I have never seen so many people on one beach before. It was pretty ghetto out there too. There was a group of rather large black women that started yelling at each other then they were pulling hair and clawing each other while their friends tried to pull them off each other. In the evening it didn't get cold at all and I enjoyed a nice smore. I got a little too much sun which zapped my will to live out of me. I spent most of Sunday sleeping. In the evening I walked over to the Hollywood Bowl for a lovely evening of KCRW music with headliners Thievery Corporation. We were surrounded by two very large groups of people. They got pretty drunk an annoying. Regardless it was very nice and the weather in the evening was perfect, I didn't even have to put on my jacket which was a nice contrast from a few weeks ago at the REM concert where I was so cold I thought I was going to cry.

I ate too much junk food this weekend. I feel like a fatty fat fat today.

No comments: