Thursday, May 29, 2008

While You Were Sleeping

Things that happened while you were probably asleep last night.

Well, lets back up a bit to before you were probably asleep, unless you are some sort of lazy person that sleeps in the middle of the day. I left a little early from work to head over to San Diego. Awhile back my brother asked if I wanted to go see The National and I said 'hellz yes I do, buy me those tickets!' Turns out it was in the middle of the week. I almost backed out I stuck to it and drove my butt to SD. We hung out and had dinner and then headed to the show at the House of Blues. It was very delightful and I just love their music.

I started heading home at about 11:40. I was driving along when I noticed all these beautiful city of lights in front of me. I couldn't remember what city that could be but didn't think much of it. I got to what I thought was the check point when you drive from SD to LA. It looked different though and I was confused. All of a sudden the freeway wasn't a freeway anymore and I was on a long patch of road. There was no place to turn around and I kept getting further from the freeway. The air smelled so bad like things were rotting along the road. It was about then I noticed none of the traffic signs were in English and the street signs looked like none that I have ever seen before. I really started to freak out and realized in my tired state I had gone south instead of north. I had no idea where I was or how to get back to where I needed to be. Around then I accidentally made an illegal turn because I was having trouble thinking straight. Well that turn was in front of some cops and they pulled me over. As soon as I saw their police car and then when they couldn't really speak English it sunk it that some how I was in Mexico. I mean how does that even happen??? Don't you have to cross a boarder? I have never heard of anyone accidentally going to Mexico. They start trying to question me and I am a mess at this stage. I give them my ID and try and tell them that I am lost and have no idea where I am and I need to get back to LA. They don't understand everything but they get the basic meaning. They want me to pay my ticket for my wrong turn. I don't understand how they want me to go about this. One finally says it is $80 the other guy takes pity and lowers it to $50. I check my wallet and I have $20. They take that and tell me if I fallow them they will take me back to the freeway to get to LA. I thank them and start to fallow. They get me off the main road and start to go in this completely abandon looking area and I start to freak out again thinking that they are taking me into Mexico and they will sell me to some human trafficker or that they will just get me in a field and rape/kill me. After awhile we get onto the freeway and they point me in the right direction. I get to the boarder and the guy wants to see my birth certificate. I explain what happened but I think he just thought I was a crazy person. Anyways, I get back into the US and drive the long trip back to LA. So while you were sleeping last night this is what I was doing. I would have much rather been sleeping.

2 comments:

Lindsalon said...

This is the best new story EVER. I'm sorry thishappened to you, but it's truly hilarious and awesome as a story to tell!

Hollywood said...

I am so glad you're okay Christine. Let's replace that bad concert going experience with a better one tonight.