Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cutting of the Rush of Blood to my Head, talky talk talk

I'm wearing a dress today that I barely fit into this morning. I bought it at the flea market this weekend and couldn't try it on to see if it fit. Well, I just finished lunch and let me tell you it is a little painful right now. Breathing is not so good. Blah, I should write something in here about how I feel. Isn't that what blogs are for? I mean besides that I feel in pain from an overly tight dress. I feel like I'm failing at this blog right now, though I'm kicking ass keeping up my fashion log. I was talking to someone this weekend about how when you are in therapy or any type of treatment where you have to verbalize your thoughts and feelings all the time that you get really good at it and much more articulate. It is nice to have words to go along with our feelings, it just makes them more manageable and understandable. I feel like I never really talk about myself other then to say I fine and things are good. I feel like just dumbing my life down to those simplest of terms somehow makes everything more generic and less personal. In general life is pretty good right now, though I could work a little harder to make it more fulfilling. I really would like to be more creative on my down time. Maybe I should join some sort of craft or drawing or sewing group so I can force myself to do more. I also feel like I could do a lot better at seeing and really knowing what is going on with the people in my life I consider myself closest to. I'm like a social vampire. Not because I suck the life out of people, I hope I don't do that, more that I only feel like I can go and do things that I'm invited to. This limits who I see and what I do a lot. I'm just not good at planning things and calling people, in fact I kind of dislike doing that. I could really work on that. I want to do new things and go new places and I should really just set dates and make plans and do all these new things. I mean there is a lot of fun in seeing where the wind takes you and keeping things open but at the same time I think there is a lot more out there that the wind is jus not going to take me to on its own. I should make a summer to do list. Yes, this is what I will do. Summer to do list coming soon!

wow, this post was just going to be about how my dress is WAY too tight, HA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good plan of attack!

Liz said...

I just wanted to say that in regards to being social and all that -- I feel EXACTLY the same way. I hate inviting myself over/along. But I love it when people call me up and ask me to do things. So if you want to practice calling people up and asking them to do things, please feel free to call me. If I'm not working, I'll quite probably be down.