Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Weekend

What a weekend it has been. On Friday night I headed over to Lindsey's to drive to Lompoc. We stopped at Del Taco first. We were sitting inside and I hear this guy tell another person to call 911 and that he was being turned down for medical help and he needed 911. The thing is he was saying this while still eating his burrito and has not visibly having any sort of problems. He was clearly just a little bit crazy. After asking a few people I guess he finally found someone to call the ambulance for him. The ambulance came with its flashing lights and rushed into the Del Taco. They see the guy and know who he is immediately. Apparently he does this a lot. The thing is the guy really perked up after they came and almost seemed chipper. He said hello to Lindsey and me on the way out and we waved goodbye which he chuckled at and said to the men hauling him away "See I'm a player." One of the paramedics turns to us and apologies for the incontinence and asks if we pay taxes. After we say yes he points to this situation being how our tax dollars are being wasted. You know I don't mind my tax dollars going to helping a crazy man have a little medical piece of mind. There are so many ways our tax dollars get wasted on things I don't agree with but this situation was not one of them.

Lindsey, Agata, and I hit the road and got into Lompoc around 11. I woke up in the morning and spent an hour with my mom and dad plus all the dogs. Lindsey picked me up and we headed to Santa Maria for some cake tasting. We all agreed that we liked the bright pink strawberry cake best. The rest of the day was spent at Lindsey's bridal shower held by her sister. There was lots of lovely foods. I did not win any of the games, boo. Lindsey got a really tragic phone call at the end of the shower with news of a friend that passed away. It is really upsetting and shocking. I don't really think that this is the right place to talk about it though.

We drove home after the shower and everything seemed strange and a bit surreal. In the evening I went to Corinne's birthday party. She and her roommate Kat have a lovely apartment just off Melrose. I was bit exhausted and not really in a good place in my head. I went home and had a hard time sleeping that night. I started convincing myself of all sorts of things that weren't true. You can get to a very strange place in your head at night.

Sunday I headed downtown for the annual summer kick-off Peer Pong championship. Stacey and I were partners and our team name was the Prince symbol that no one remembered exactly how to draw. We kicked some serous beer pong ass I must say. I read the e-mail invite wrong. I thought there was going to be a pool so I brought my bathing suit. Turns out there were pool tables but no pool haha. I fell asleep a bit early that night making up for the night before.

Monday was the annual Memorial Day BBQ at the Hollywood house. This was my 3rd year in a row going. It was lots of fun but I am a tired tired person this morning.

Here are pictures!!!

Lindsey's Bridal Shower
http://www.flickr.com/photos/framented_light/sets/72157605259476643/

Beer Pong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/framented_light/sets/72157605259491687/

Memorial Day BBQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/framented_light/sets/72157605295895259/

No comments: