Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wacky Sacky

So I was searching for sewing patterns on-line today. True, I can drape and make my own patterns, I have the knowledge. However, I do not own a dress form and do not have a drafting table or even pattern paper. I thought that I could find a sewing pattern and just make a few changes to it according to what I really want. What I was hoping to do is make a holiday dress. While going through all the paper patterns I discovered that people that make their own clothes desire patterns that make them look like sacks. Not only sacks but sacks that come from the late 80's and early 90's. Hmmm, I could go in this direction but I would also have to try and find a lace chocker with a dangling metal charm on it to complete the look, perhaps also a Blossom hat would be ideal. I did discover this gem of a pattern. I would like to have a party and hand these costumes out to my guests at the door. I pretty sure it would forever be remembered as the best party ever.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: