Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Take Care Now

I went home to visit my parents last weekend. I usually visit them 3 times a year. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and once in the summer. I wish my brother was there at the same time I was, it always makes the visit more fun when he is. My favorite moment this weekend was when I was telling my mom about the Miami show and trying to explain what I do (I still don't think she really understands my job). Anyways, I was talking about the how we have models for the show to show the line on. She was asking about the models and said "I don't suppose you can be over 30 and be a model." I told her that the show models could be over 30 and a good number of them were over 30. I said that most of them take very good care of themselves and looked great. I went on talking about something else for awhile and I could tell she was thinking and she stopped me and said in all honesty "When you say 'take care of themselves' you mean starve themselves right?" I was a little floored that this is what she would interpreter the meaning of 'take care of yourself' to be.

No comments: