Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Welcome to Miami

Okay, time for a long post that no one will probably read all the way through.

Friday July 6th: Flew from LA to Miami. Mostly read. The in-flight movie was The Last Mimzy, I watched for 5 min. and couldn't take anymore. I had these 3 Russian dudes sitting next to me that drank a ton of Vodka and then switched seats so they could be front and center for the movie. I wonder if that movie was good if you are a drunk Russian dude on a plane. Landed in the wall of heat that is Miami. From this point until I left my hair was a giant puffy puff. Took a taxi from the airport to the super nice luxury hotel on the beach in South Beach. I unpacked and decided to grab a bite to eat. It was about 11:30 on a Friday night. I couldn't believe the streets of South Beach. Everyone was beautiful and dressed like strippers. No girls were in anything less then 4 inch heals and all the skirts and dresses were minis, no one wore pants. I mean, I've never seen anyone besides strippers wear clear plastic platform shoes. I felt like a frumpy frump in my jeans and t-shirt. I fould a little Cuban place that had live music, had a bite to eat, drank a Mijito and enjoyed. The rest of the night was me wondering around the streets drinking Mojitos and watching the never ending parade of walking sex.

Saturday July 7th: Started working at 7am. I unloaded all of our sample lines. I had to run back and forth from the botanical garden butterfly room where we were holding our meetings and the convention center across the street where the show was going on. In the convention center there was a fencing expo going on, it was rad!. It was freezing cold inside the air-conditioned rooms and smolderingly hot outside. My body was so confused that I started crying. I wasn't upset or sad, my body must have been upset by the tempter changes though. There was a giant shipping disaster and I ended up having to work till pretty late. The salesmen finally dragging me out of there and forced me to go to dinner with them. I ate so many delicious plantains my tummy was going to explode from happiness.

Sunday July 8th: Had to be at work at 6 am to finish what I couldn't the night before. We showed the line to the sales people all morning till afternoon. I left mid-afternoon with my boss to shop the Miami stores. We went to this crazy nice mall with all the luxury brands. My favorite part was this huge pond in the middle of the shopping center with giant exotic fish and turtles. We came back and everyone met up for dinner at this loud fun Greek restaurant. I had my own pitcher of Mijitos and ate the yummiest Greek food. There was dancing on tables that fallowed, it was just that type of place. It wasn't slutty though, it was just loud and Greek and fun. After that I went with a few people to walk back to the hotel instead of driving. We walked along Ocean Drive by the beach. This might be my new favorite street in the world. It is filled with all sorts of interesting people. Everything is lit beautifully and each club or hotel or restaurant looks completely different from the other. I saw about a half a dozen people with snakes wrapped around their shoulders. Some people had giant birds on themselves. Everyone was beautiful and looked like they were happy and having a great time.

Monday July 9th: More meetings in the morning. It was my job to dress and undress 3 beautiful bikini models in about a dozen different changes. After the meeting I had time to go hang out on the beautiful Miami beach and swim in the clear aqua waters. I was happier then I remember being in a very very long time when I swam out far into the ocean, beyond where I could touch the ground and floated while looking up at the clean gorgeous blue sky. After that I took a shower and did some shopping by myself. In the evening we drove out away from the city and got dinner at a Cuban place that had the best fried plantain chips and garlic dipping sauce. After that I met some people for drinks at the Delano hotel. This hotel was gorgeous with giant open spaces, tall tall ceilings, white flowing fabric that fluttered in the breeze and the most beautiful pool I've seen. There was a bar by the pool and big white beds to lay on. I drank my mojitos laid in bed and had my feet dangling in the pool as I looked up at the stars. Everyone else went back to their rooms but I wondered a little more around the city, it started to rain on me in the hot night.

Tuesday July 10: I was excused from the morning meeting because I was flying home that afternoon. I went and laid out by the pool, took a walk on the beach, and did some shopping. I caught a cab to the airport with this awesome old burn out hippie that told me about the history of Miami. They showed Blades of Glory on the plane which I hadn't seen before. There was some funny bits in that movie. Unfortunately there was this mentally handicapped child that was sitting in front of me who had some sort of hysterical fits throughout the flight and screamed and tried crawling and escaping the plane. It was unsettling and I felt so bad for his father.

Miami is a lovely city and I am so happy I got to see it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your entire post. It sounds like you had a really good time. :-) Hope to see you soon. Maybe Sat? Cemetary Movie?

Xine said...

no, Saturday is beach bonfire BBQ!