Sunday, July 15, 2007

Dontcha Wanta Wanta

I went to the Hollywood Bowl for the first time this season tonight. I love going there, it is so peaceful and relaxing. I brought yummy strawberries to snack on and drank cold beer. Groove Armada was the first act and they were awesome, everyone was dancing and having a great time. There were tons of children in our area who were dancing, man, children are the best dancers, fucking delightful. There were three different singers that performed with the band. The first lady had on this long flowing light dress and she swished and swooped across the stage like a giant living mop. My favorite singer of the night was this sassy lady who looked like the purple Fantana girl, in fact I'm not entirely sure it wasn't the purple Fantana. She had on little purple hot pants, little purple halter top, and purple head scarf. The main act was Cafe Tacuba, I have to admit I wasn't that into their music. The problem was that all their songs were very lyric based and in Spanish. The singer talked a lot in-between every song in Spanish as well. I was lost. Who cares though, an evening at the Hollywood Bowl is always a treat.

No comments: