Monday, August 31, 2009

ER

Well, last night was a crazy night. All through the weekend I felt like I was getting sicker and sicker. If I had known this I would have gone to the doctor last week. In my experience with being sick if I do nothing but rest on the weekend I'm usually 100% better by Monday. It became clear to me on Sunday afternoon that I was going to need to go to the doctor but I thought I could just wait until Monday to see my own doctor. At one point in my haze I thought I could go see Doug who only lives a mile from me this is when I was starting to worry and I didn't want to be alone. I got in my car and drove for a block only to have the overwhelming feeling like I was going to pass out. So I went back home. It got progressively worse through the evening and I started to really freak out and was feeling so awful that I was terrified that I would either slip into a coma or die and no one would know because I live alone. I was really starting to panic and at 1am I called Amanda to come get me and take me to the ER. I have insurance and I finally told myself that this would be a really silly thing to die over. Okay, in actuality I wasn't anywhere near death but with the worsening illness and extreme heat of the last few days I was not really in my right mind. I also called Doug who was going to come get me as well but I figured Amanda was in much better shape to get around. Many many many thanks to them for being so awesome and taking my panic stricken 1am call. Lindsey you were totally next on my list to call but you live the furthest from me. Anyways, we get to the ER and the nurse checks me out and then hands me over to registration. Then the waiting begins. While waiting Amanda and I saw some guy get taken away in handcuffs by the police, and a guy in terrible shape in the lobby vomiting into a bucket. My thoughts at that point was that things could be going a lot worse for me. Sitting up and being in air-conditioning and a safe place made me feel a lot better and I started to worry that I overreacted. My lungs were x-rayed and then I waited some more. Finally I was called in and changed into a hospital gown and waited in a hospital bed. The last time I was in the ER I was about 7 getting stitches, I mean me personally there for help. I've been there sense for other people. So I waited some more in the room. The man next to me I could hear was in a lot of pain and they asked him if he had a ride home. He said he didn't and they said he would have to take the bus. The other man next to me was being fitted for a leg cast. So both the doctor and nurse took my info and the printed out diagnosis is acute Bronchitis. The gave me some pills and a prescription for 4 more tablets. I soon started to feel a little better. By the time Amanda dropped me off at home it was 5am. Amanda is so wonderful and I am so thankful for having her in my life.

I left a message with Lindsey to see if she could bring me a fan. Knowing I would be staying home the next few days in this heat I knew I needed some help. David dropped off the fan for me in the morning with bottled water. It has made a world of difference having the fan here. I'm still feeling sick right now but it is manageable and I'm not scarred or panicked anymore. A big thank you and so much love to everyone who has helped and who has wished me well. Thank you thank you thank you.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Moxie, Niles and I are sending lots of good vibes your way.

Angie said...

Oh, and in case you needed some fluffy cuteness:
http://tinyurl.com/lpyvrz

Xine said...

thanks :) I like the flying bun-bun