Thursday, May 24, 2007

Found Fun

Today was a long drawn out day of meetings and fast talkers. Blah, I was in bad moodland. In the evening I went I went to Largo for a benefit show. I felt much better after just sitting and chilling for awhile and getting some good food in my belly. The MC came out and talked about his organization that all the nights proceeds went towards, 826LA. 826LA is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting students ages 6 to 18 with their creative and expository writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write. He was frightfully charming and terribly adorable. He read one story of a 6 year old boys review of Disneyland, it was hilarious. After him Davy Rothbart the founder of Found magazine came on stage and did a reading of some of his favorite Found pieces. I love that magazine and he was very enjoyable in his dramatic reenactment reading of the found writings. Patton Oswalt came out and did some stand up that literally had me in tears. He is one of my favorite comics and I'm glad that I finally got to see him live. The night was wrapped up with the music of The Watson Twins. They were so lovely and charming. I bought one of their tote bags that I can put my Trade Joe's groceries in, it has a picture of a pony on it! Man Largo is the best, I always have such a great time there. Completely mood altering place.

My friend Ashley just sent me this photo from our friend Lexxa's wedding back in November. Note: this photo isn't staged, I was actually drinking champagne straight from the bottle. I am a classy classy broad.

No comments: